The results of an apparently legitimate survey in the UK show that one-third (33 percent) of Brits claim they would give up sex for a month if it meant going on a dream holiday. Conducted by LoveHolidays.com, the survey produced results that included the following:
- 38 percent of women would happily swap a month of sex for their dream getaway
- Just 28 percent of men would do the same.
- 40 percent of Brits would give up personal grooming (shaving, skincare and makeup) in exchange for their dream holiday.
- Women are less keen to sacrifice their beauty regimes; only 14 percent would do so.
- 23 percent of men would give up their beauty regimes.
- As for personal hygiene, only one in ten Brits say they would give up showering for a month in exchange for the dream holiday.
- Only 6 percent of women said they would swap showering for time in the sun, compared to 13 percent of men.
Searching for an answer to the question, “Why?” LoveHolidays furnished a quote from behavioral psychologist Jo Hemmings, who had this to say about the survey findings: “We like having something special to plan and look forward to, and these events matter so much that we’re willing to relinquish everyday activities, like personal grooming, to swap them for something more interesting and exciting – a much-needed break from routine.”
She added, “Studies have shown that we tend to experience more intense emotions about future events—like a holiday—than we do of past events. We get more excited and have higher expectations of things to come, as opposed to memories of the past.”
The Inbound Report’s Takeaway from this Item: We have none, except to wonder how this information could be of use to tour and travel industry marketers seeking to understand the bewildering psyche of UK travelers.