São Paulo-based HotelQuando.com is opening its first North American branch in Miami, Florida, after gaining traction with its booking-by-hour model in Brazil. The São Paulo-headquartered company hopes to have 200 partners hotels from the U.S. on the system within the first two-quarters of 2017.
HotelQuando.com is the first global online hotel booking platform that allows users to book their rooms for 3, 6, 9 or 12 hours at a fair price. The user also decides what time it would like to enter the hotel
According to the company’s website:
- Guests decide the date and time when they want to enter a hotel.
- Once the arrival time is set, you choose a package of hours that meets your need: 3, 6, 9 or 12 hours.
- You do not have to pay for a room rate when you need a hotel for less than 24 hours
The company also suggests possible uses of its service for travelers, or for people seeking the convenience of a place to use in their own city:
- To wait for a flight or appointment
- To spend only 1 night
- To enter early or leave the hotel later
- To take a shower
While in a City
- To spend the night away from home
- Dining out and sleeping outside
- To take a shower when you are away from home
- Enjoy the SPA, swimming pool, gym.
The company claims that it reduces, on average, 25 percent of the cost of hosting just one night.