New Air Service—Near Future
- Hainan Airlines will launch a nonstop service between Chongqing, China and New York (JFK) on October 20, 2017, marking the first non-stop service between a city in the western part of China and New York. Beginning October 20, round-trip flights will be available twice each week. The new route departs Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport on Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:00 pm (Beijing time) and arrives John F. Kennedy International Airport at 12:50 am (U.S. East Coast time) the following day. Return flights depart John F. Kennedy International Airport on Thursdays and Saturdays at 2:50 am (U.S. East Coast time) and arrive Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport at 6:35 am the following day (Beijing time). The new service between Chongqing and New York is Hainan Airlines’ 13th direct service offering to North America.
- Beginning December 14, 2017, Thomas Cook Airlines is extending its Manchester-New York flight to a year-round service. Three additional flights to John F Kennedy airport will launch, making it the airline’s first full service to the U.S. from Manchester. Current U.S. routes from Manchester include Miami, Orlando, New York, Boston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- In the summer of 2018, Condor will have a new U.S. destination in its flight plan: Phoenix, Arizona will be accessible beginning May 18 from Frankfurt nonstop on Mondays and Fridays at 5:35 pm. In return, Condor is no longer offering flights to San Diego in 2018. The reason: Lufthansa has announced a new route on this route. Starting next summer, Lufthansa has said it will fly between San Diego and Frankfurt, Germany, five days a week.
- WOW air is scheduled to add yet another route between its Reykjavik/Keflavik based in Iceland and North America beginning July 13 when it plans to launch service to Chicago O’Hare four times a week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays). Connections to a number of European cities are available from Reykjavik/Keflavik.
New Air Service: Just Started
- Air Canadalaunched its latest long-haul service from Vancouveron June 8, a week after it started service from Vancouver to Frankfurt. The carrier now offers a daily service between Vancouver and Taipei Taoyuan. Air Canada becomes the first North American-based carrier to serve this route, with China Airlines and EVA Airways already connecting the two cities. †
- TAP Portugal has expanded its operations to include Toronto Pearson Apart from Lisbon. †
- Norwegianhas begun three new transatlantic routes from Edinburgh and the New York City metropolitan area: to Stewart Airport 65 miles north of Manhattan in New Windsor, N.Y. on June 15; to Providence, R.I. on June 16; and to Hartford, Conn. on June 17. †
- On June 14, Air Europa added a three-times-a-week flight from its Madrid hub to Boston—its third U.S. destination. The airline already flies daily to New York JFK and Miami from Madrid. †
- Beginning June 18, Air Transatlaunched its longest flight—a connection between Montreal and Tel Aviv. Air Transat will link the Canadian and Israeli cities twice-weekly (Wednesdays and Sundays). Also, on June 22, Air Canada began serving the same route twice-weekly (Thursdays and Sundays). †
- On June 16, WOW airadded Pittsburghto its network of routes in North America. The new service offers five weekly flights from Reykjavik/Keflavik. No other carrier offers service between the two destinations. Also, Condor began flights between Pittsburgh and Frankfurt began on June 23. †
† Source: anna.aero