Connect TOUR to be Launchpad for “Safe and Clean” this August in New Orleans: Designed and developed by Connect Travel, the “Safe and Clean” brand, or Safe Space 2020, debuts August 17-19 in New Orleans. It will be a part of Connect TOUR, which will be the first major travel marketplace and conference event to showcase a new normal for the trade show formula.
“Connect TOUR is a hosted-buyer event that brings together the most active tour operators, suppliers and experts in domestic tour and travel for preset appointments,” said Will Seccombe, president of Connect Travel, adding, “it combines the right timing for product development, a unique format that creates an efficient and effective environment to expedite the sales process and close business and a robust educational track to inspire and inform industry leaders in a rapidly evolving market.”
Connect TOUR will be the first major U.S. tour and travel event since the de facto shutdown of travel trade meetings and conventions in the United States in early March 2020. It will employ both one-on-one business appointment sessions between travel buyers and suppliers, as well as offer an agenda of educational programs, and networking opportunities.
What will make Connect TOUR unique will be the omnipresent reminder that “Safe and Clean” are now, and will continue to be, the signature of a Connect Travel event. For example, a sampler of some of the elements of the emphasis on this feature include the following:
• Temperature checks will be conducted before entering the event.
• Cloth masks will be required for attendees and staff at a minimum. KN95 masks will be provided for any attendee or staff who wants one.
• Glove and hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event. Disinfectant foggers will be placed in the exhibit hall area.
• New appointment design allows for social distancing measures and plexiglass shields will be placed on appointment tables.
• Indoor/outdoor spaces will be used as much as possible.
• Larger aisle ways and one-way only aisles in the trade show and appointment areas help manage traffic.
• Education sessions will be set up to allow for a six-foot space between chairs.
• Food and beverage will be provided in a no-contact way (i.e. pre-packaged food, no self-serve buffets).
For a more complete PDF version of “Safe and Clean,” click on ctrl + here for a copy.
For program and registration details for Connect TOUR, visit TOUR | Connect Travel.