What’s New and Cool: INBOUND offers brief profiles drawn from the current annual issue of TheTourOperator.com of New and/or Cool attractions and experiences as our way of introducing the latter to our readers.
● SoFI Stadium—Los Angeles, California: Home of the NFL Rams and the Chargers, SoFI Stadium is the centerpiece of the 300-acre Hollywood Park complex in Inglewood. The state-of-the-art stadium and host of Superbowl LVI is one of the largest and most technologically advance in the NFL with its incredible Infinity Screen video board. SoFI Stadium welcomes guests on immersive tours with opportunities to run through the tunnel, check out the locker rooms and test their football and test their football skills on the field. (Sofistadium.com)
● The Ballpark Loudon—Loudon, Virginia: “America’s Favorite Pastime” is re-imagined. The Ballpark Loudon delivers an active entertainment experience that combines cutting-edge technologies, top-of-the-line skill development opportunities and a full-service restaurant. The Ballpark Loudon features four HitTrax™ Suites, interactive batting cages that combine eSports with baseball. Game opportunities range from team competitions to home run challenges and take place in virtual backdrop settings of more than 40 ballparks. (Theballparkloudon.com)
● Spuddy’s Cajun Cooking Experience—Vacherie, Louisiana: Visit Spuddy’s Cajun Foods in Louisiana’s River Parishes for home-cooked plate lunches or to purchase smoked meats made in-house, Spuddy’s offers a Cajun Cooking Experience, where visitors can put on an apron and head into the kitchen for lessons on how to make local delicacies like a roux for gumbo and andouille. (cajuncookingexperience.com)
● Viking Mississippi River Cruises—Mississippi: Viking’s new cruises on the Mighty Mississippi offer a different type of journey for the curious explorer—one that allows you to be immersed in American history and culture. The newest ship on the Mississippi has all outside staterooms, private verandas, spacious public areas and Viking’s signature Scandinavian design. Immerse yourself in the region’s culture with an included excursion at every port, including Natchez and Vicksburg. (vikingrivercruises.com/cruise-destintions/mississippi/index.html)
● SUMMIT One Vanderbilt—Midtown Manhattan, New York City: Set against the incredible backdrop of the New York City skyline, SUMMIT One Vanderbilt blends elements of art and technology, taking the concept of an “observation deck” to entirely new heights. Explore three levels of mind-bending multi-sensory immersive experiences set atop the tallest commercial skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan. Step out from the envelope of the building and stand on transparent glass 1,070 feet (325 meters) above Madison Avenue, enjoy a cocktail at Après or outside on the SUMMIT Terrace. (summitov.com)