Here is this issue of INBOUND’s sample of new and/or cool attractions and experiences as they appear in the current annual issue of TheTourOperator
● Best to disconnect; soul reviving digital detox—Red River Gorgeous, Red River Gorge, Kentucky: To get off the beaten path, check out the treehouse offerings from Red River Gorgeous, with stays in Stanton, Campton and more, ranging from traditional to the unique. For a romantic getaway, try The Observatory, featuring a glass bedroom perfect for stargazing. Bring the whole family and stay in Dome Town, a series of three geodesic domes. (mycabin.com)
● Best for a seaside wellness getaway—Atlantic City, New Jersey: Be pampered at one of Atlantic City’s world-class spas for a seaside wellness getaway. From a Himalayan Salt Grotto at Ocean Casino Resort’s Exhale Spa to Rhythm & Motion rooms at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s Rock Spa, it’s a pure journey of relaxation. Free the mind, body, and soul to a pampering experience. (atlanticcitynj.com/explore/spas)
● Best for an urban wellness hideaway—The Peabody Memphis (Memphis Tennessee). Since 1869, the Peabody Memphis hotel has pampered guests with unmatched Southern hospitality, elegant rooms and world-class service. The Feathers Spa at The Peabody is a premiere destination for indulgent spa treatments, Tennessee’s only Vichy shower bed with steam massage, chromo light therapy, and aromatherapy for a multi-sensory hydrotherapy body treatment. It’s an urban weekend oasis waiting to happen. (peabodymemphis.com)
● Best for catching up on sleep—CIVANA Wellness Report and Spa, Carefree, Arizona (Phoenix, Arizona) Wellness is the balance between healthiness and happiness. Like other destination wellness resorts, CIVANA has the healthy aspects covered: nutrition, fitness, rest, healing. The CIVANA difference is emphasis on the heart … and that separates “healthy and happy.” We never want to forget that the wellness journey is as personal as one’s own happiness and one’s unique sense of wellbeing, joy, and fulfillment. (Civanacarefree.com)
● Captain Whidbey Inn—Whidbey Island, Washington: Overlooking the waters of Penn Cove on Whidbey Island, the historic Captain Whidbey Inn is tucked into old growth evergreens—a sanctuary of quiet solitude and communion with the natural world. Vogue magazine says. “Stepping into the Captain Whidbey does feel like entering another (highly curated) era, a return to the slower days of summer camp.” Stay in a cabin on the waterfront, fall into a deep sleep to the sounds of lapping waves. (captainwhidbey.com)
For more information on how to partner with TheTourOperator.com, contact Betsy Cooper, Senior Director of TheTourOperator and Partner Engagement for Connect Travel.