—Air Canada is dramatically expanding its North American footprint in order to drive USA travelers to its key international connecting airports of Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Edmonton. New routes scheduled to launch next spring include:
- Toronto to Eppley Airfield (OMA) in Omaha, Nebraska, daily service starting May 1, 2018
- Toronto to Green Airport (PVD) in Providence, Rhode Island (seasonal), daily service starting May 17, 2018
- Montreal to Baltimore–Washington International Airport (BWI) in Baltimore, Maryland, daily service starting May 17, 2018
- Montreal to Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, daily service starting May 17, 2018
- Vancouver to Sacramento International Airport (SMF) in Sacramento, California, daily service starting May 17, 2018
- Edmonton to San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in San Francisco, California, daily service starting May 1, 2018
—Azul airlines has launched a new route from Belém, the capital of the state of Pará in the northern part of Brazil to Fort Lauderdale. The new service is offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, landing at 4:20 am and departing at 1:30 p.m.
—LEVEL, the long haul low cost airline brand of the International Airlines Group (IAG)—it includes British Airways— will operate three weekly flights between Paris Orly and Montreal starting on July 2, 2018. One way flights start at $199 (Canadian). The IAG brand, based in Barcelona and operated by IAG’s Iberia and OpenSkies, is establishing a base in Paris and will also be introducing four weekly flights to Newark (New York) on September 4 from the French capital.
—On Dec. 1st, Aeroméxico began flights from the Merida to Atlanta. Aeromexico Is emphasizing the point that the flight to the home base of its partner, Delta Air Lines, now gives passengers from the state of Yucatan access to 148 destinations in the United States and Canada.
—Also on Dec. 1st, Air Canada began service between Vancouver and Melbourne, Australia marking the first ever direct, non-stop flight from Canada to the Australian city. The new route offers a seasonal four times weekly service until 4 February, before beginning a year-round service in June 2018.
—Aeroméxico has begun operating a new route from Mexico City to Portland, Oregon. The daily leaves Mexico at 6:05 p.m, arriving in Portland at 9:05 p.m. The return flight leaves Portland at 11:20 p.m. and arrive in Mexico at 6:40.